- in Accessories
When it comes to choosing the right car top carrier, you have to know what to look for. This is because merely having any type of carrier installed won’t guarantee you the comfort and protection that you need. Because of this, you really have to go out of your way to find just the right car top carrier for your vehicle. Besides, you surely don’t want to deal with problems like lost luggage or accidents on the highway all because the carrier you pick doesn’t guarantee strength and durability.
When you are taking a road trip to a distant place or you are taking a lot of stuff to a certain venue, you have the option of putting a car top carrier to make your ride more comfortable. You won’t have to deal with cramped leg space or not enough space for people as most of the passenger area of the car is occupied by luggage. Car top carriers are actually the best choices in these cases. Below we have reviewed some of the best car rooftop cargo carriers/boxes.
SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The next product on our car top carrier reviews is the SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box. We would like to know what this car top carrier has to offer that the others simply don’t have. How does it fare with the price? Would you think that it’s reasonable enough to be sold that much? Will it be a good choice for your vehicle? Is it made of good material so that it would last a long time? These are just a few of the questions we know you very much would like to get answers to. So keep on reading to find out what this one has in store for all of you looking for a good car to carrier.
Great For Transportation
The SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box is for those people who have way too much gear to carry but simply do not have enough room in their vehicles. This car top carrier provides additional cargo space for all your skis and gear. It is also a great way to transport whatever essentials you have that are too important to be left behind—sports equipmentm vacation necessities, luggage, et cetera. This roof box will mount to any crossbar and has a passenger-side opening as well as a locking mechanism for your own peace of mind. It can carry up to 110 pounds of cargo. Compatible with minivans, SUVs, & small to mid-sized cars. Highly recommended.
See also Best HID headlights
Features And Specifications
Here are the features that the SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box has to offer:
- ABS construction that is durable and UV-resistant
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- U-Bolt hardware mounting kit
- Includes lock to secure contents in the box
- Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks (Check fit guide)
- Dimensions- 19 H x 63 L x 38 W inches. 42 lbs
Thule 667ES Excursion ES Rooftop Cargo Box
Moving on to the third car top carrier review we have the Thule 667ES Excursion ES Rooftop Cargo Box. This product has received more than a few really good reviews, getting an average of 4.5 stars out of 5 from its customers. We can only hope that this is not at all hype, and that it really is worth the money you are about to shell out. But don’t worry, just in case it proves to be a disappointment, at least you will be one of the firsts to find out.
Tough Construction, Great On Your Gear
The Thule 667ES Excursion ES Rooftop Cargo Box is great if you need to haul a wide range of equipment. It’s compact, but can carry a maximum capacity of 110 pounds. It also has a rear opening for easy access of your cargo. This car top carrier is made of impact-resistant ABS plastic to make sure that you get plenty of years of use out of it. Installation is easy, as well as the removal. It makes use of Thule’s Easy-Snap mounting system which allows you to attach it to virtually any roof rack. This box comes with 4 rubber gaskets so that the box’s finish will be protected, as well as vinyl hole covers to block the ones that are not in use. Great buy for the price.
Features And Specifications
Here are the features that the Thule 667ES Excursion ES Rooftop Cargo Box has to offer:
- This car top carrier has a rear-side opening so you can load and unload with ease.
- It has an Easy-Snap mounting hardware which can assemble within minutes so you can quickly install it.
- It has a heavy-duty lid & base to keep your gear safe and away from the harsh elements.
- Can carry up to a maximum of 110 pounds of cargo
- Includes One 1-Key Locks
- Can fit Thule rack systems, round bars & most factory racks
- Weighs 47 lbs.
- Measures 55.5” by 35.2” by 18.2”
- Is backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- What’s in the Box: 1-Thule 667ES Excursion Rooftop Cargo Box, 4-rubber U-bolt gaskets, 4-U-bolts, 4-Easy-Snap housing clamps, 1-sheet of vinyl hole covers, 2-tie down straps, 1-One-Key lock and key, 1-user’s manual/warranty card.